Sierra Leone Urban Research Centre
The Sierra Leone Urban Research Centre (SLURC), based in Freetown, is a globally connected research centre created through a partnership between the Bartlett Development Planning Unit (University College London) and the Institute of Geography and Development Studies (Njala University).
The centre aims to generate capacity building as well as research initiatives in cities across Sierra Leone focused on the well-being of residents of informal settlements. This will be achieved by:
- strengthening the research and analysis capacities of urban stakeholders in Sierra Leone
- significantly improving the quality and quantity of available knowledge on the informal settlements in Sierra Leone
- making urban knowledge available and accessible to those who need it, prioritizing residents of informal settlements
- delivering world leading research in order to influence urban policy and practice.
Who we work with at SLURC
- Joseph Macarthy, FHS Sierra Leone Country Coordinator
- Ibrahim Bun Kumara
- Abu Conteh