Makerere University School of Public Health under the stewardship of the SPEED Project is pleased to announce the Symposium on Health Financing for Universal Health Coverage in Low and Middle Income Countries, which will be taking place in Kampala, Uganda from 16 - 18 August, 2017.
The theme of the Symposium is 'Financing for Universal Health Coverage More money for health AND more health for the money', with the folloowing sub-themes:
- Ensuring financial risk protection using public funds
- Risk sharing and pooling of funds through insurance
- Leveraging health benefits from investment in other sectors
- Strategic purchasing and results based financing
- Global health initiatives and innovative financing approaches
Deadline for Early Bird abstract submissions is 14 May, 2017, and Late Breaker Submissions are due 27 May, 2017. Registration opens on 15 May, 2017. For further information, please visit the Symposium website.