The Private Sector in Health Symposium is a one-day biennial meeting which traditionally occurs in advance of the International Health Economic Association (iHEA) World Congress. The Symposium brings together researchers, implementers and policy makers with an interest in the role of non-state actors in the provision of health services and goods. This year, two Future Health Systems associates, David Bishai of Johns Hopkins University School of Public Health and Gerry Bloom of the Institute of Development Studies, are organising the Symposium which is overseen by a Scientific Advisory Committee of researchers from around the world.
The goals of the Symposium are to map out and understand current research, to generate more knowledge and to strengthen stakeholders’ commitment to learning in this area. It is attended by approximately 100 participants and is a mixture of key note speeches and parallel panel sessions from notable individuals in the field which are organised around particular themes. This year the themes are:
- Paying for private care: the private sector and health financing.
- Good, bad, or indistinguishable: quality of care in the private sector.
- Building institutions for influencing private sector performance.
- Health markets and the poor: moving towards universal access?
- The evolution of the global health marketplace: implications for health systems.
- Using metrics to understand the role of the private sector as part of the health system.
- Juxtaposing private healthcare in rich and poor countries.
Join us at the Symposium
The 2013 Symposium will take place in Sydney, Australia on 6 July 2013. We have just announced a call for abstracts – which you can submit online through the iHEA website. Abstracts should be no longer than 500 words and the deadline for submission is the 22 January 2013. There are a limited number of scholarships available for those who would need financial support to attend.
Read more about the 2013 Symposium by downloading our brochure.
Email to find out more about the submission process or scholarships email@example.com
Browse the website to find out more about the role of the private sector in health or about past Symposia www.pshealth.org
Abstracts can be submitted online through iHEA http://privatesector2013.abstractsubmit.org/