Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health (JHSPH) based in Baltimore, USA, is leading the management of Future Health Systems. Professor Sara Bennett is the program CEO and convenes several different management groupings, including the Consortium Management Team, the Consortium Steering Committee, and the Consortium Advisory Group. The figure below shows the relationships between these teams.
FHS Oranizational Structure
Consortium Management Team
- Prof Sara Bennett, CEO (JHSPH)
- Prof David H Peters, Research Director (JHSPH)
- Dr Abbas Bhuyia, Research Director
- Daniela Rodriguez, Research Manager (JHSPH)
- Ligia Paina, Research Manager (JHSPH)
- Tom Barker, Policy Influence and Research Uptake Manager (IDS)
- Rosemary Morgan, RinGs, (JHSPH)
Consortium Steering Committee
The Consortium Steering Committee, made up of a representative of each partner, guides the overall direction of the consortium. It consists of the management team and the following organizational representatives:
- Dr Abbas Bhuyia
- Shaila Mahmood (ICDDR,B)
- Dr Gerald Bloom (IDS)
- Manasee Mishra (IIHMR)
- Prof David H Peters (JHSPH)
- Dr Zhang Zhenzhong (CNHDRC)
- Elizabeth Ekirapa-Kiracho (MakSPH)
- Joseph Macarthy (SLURC)
- Mengesha Admassu (IIPHC)
- Sehwah Sonkarlay (LiCORMH)
Consortium advisory group
The consortium has also established an independent advisory group to oversee strategic direction. This group is comprised of:
- Dr Phyllida Travis - Director, Department of Health Systems Development, World Health Organization Regional Office for South-East Asia.
- Dr Eliya Zulu – Executive Director, African Institute for Development Policy (AFIDEP).
- Jo Mulligan - Research and Evidence Division, UK Department for International Development (DFID).